Making someone feel better about themselves, brightening their day even for a minute or simple smiles are highly magical things. If they choose to pass it on to the next person and so on, then it changes the world 🙂
Here are some simple ones I like to do:
- I give someone a smile.
- I give heartfelt compliments.
- When the person ahead of me in line needs a few pennies in order to avoid bothersome change I give them some if I have plenty.
- One of our local stores is a pain to get out of when traffic is busy because they are right on a huge intersection. If I see someone trying to get out of there I will let them out in front of me if I can.
- When they are doing construction or there has been an accident and the road is closed down except for a lane or two and the traffic is all backed up I let someone in in front of me if I can.
- If I have a cart full at the store and the person behind me only has a few items I let them go first.
- I have gotten items down off shelves for people in the store when they couldn’t reach them and I could.
- If I have a waiter or waitress that is doing a great job I will ask them to have the manager come over then I tell the manager what a great job they have been doing. I have also done this in stores when a clerk was really helpful.
I could go on but you get the idea. Just think of WWJD-lol! Stupid slogan but the idea behind the movement was fantastic!
So putting all that good juju out into the world is a wonderful thing- it will generate a lot of positive energy around you that you can tap into for things like prosperity spells and healing.
- As I go forth into this day
- Each act of kindness I do comes back my way
- as three-fold blessings to brighten my way
So make a difference in someone’s life today!
Big blow out at the house and the energy feeling a bit off? Do you have one of those folks around that drags a little black rain cloud of negativity around with them? Someone you’d rather not be around for obvious reasons just vacate the premises? Whatever the reason you need to rid your space of some negative energy these little tarts for your oil warmer/ Scentsy are just the thing.
Let’s get started!
First gather your supplies. Since I make handcrafted soap I have all this on hand but it all is fairly easy to come by.
You will need:
- Some type of double boiler set up- I have one but you can easily create a makeshift one.
- Some thing to stir with- I used a craft stick
- Ice cube tray
- Paper towels
- Herbs-suitable for cleansing or purification If you would like them. You’ll find a list down below.
- Essential oils good for purification or cleansing
- Droppers – for the essential oils
- Mortar and pestle-
- Gravy ladle- nice to have but not really needed
- Thermometer- also nice to have but not needed
- Paper towels
Start by putting the wax in whatever double boiler set up you will be using. I used some wax from an old candle I had chopped up that I had on hand. This is the perfect way to reuse wax tarts that no longer have any scent left in them. You can also buy wax at the craft store or melt down a new candle or tea light. Be sure if using old wax to cleanse it first. A quick easy way is to envision white light surrounding it and purifying it. It is probably best not to use wax or candles left over from previous spell work especially if it was for someone else or a totally different purpose since the energy residue from it can be really difficult to remove.
Step 1 Step 2
Keep the heat as low as possible. You only want it hot enough to just melt the wax. Some essential oils have a pretty low flashpoint and if you put them into wax that is too hot it will evaporate them. Essential oil is way to expensive for that!!!!!
Step 3 A thermometer is really helpful to check the temperature before adding the essential oils.
I choose to add herbs to mine since with a warmer you don’t have to worry about them catching on fire. This allows me to tap into the energies of some herbs that are way to expensive to use as oils. The first I am using is Angelica. It is a very powerful herb used to purify homes and ward off evil spirits. The other I am using is Hyssop. Hyssop was used as a cleansing herb in Biblical times according to the Psalms. They didn’t think that up on their own <wink, nod>
Step 4 Step5
For this batch I choose pine, rosemary and sage. You don’t have to use these particular ones- there are quite a few reasonably priced pils that will work. I have noted several below. Use as few as one oil or as many as you would like.
Sage is well known for its ability to remove negative energies from spaces. I had to settle for Dalmatian Sage though since white sage essential oil is incredibly expensive and hard to come by. Maybe one day I can add it to my collection.
Great article here-http://www.adlunamlabs.com/History_of_Rosemary.html by the way on the historical use of Rosemary you should check out. Rosemary has been used for purification and warding off evil for centuries.
Personally I find Pine to be even better then sage at removing negative energies. Hubby is one of those people with his own pet little black rain cloud so I often have to do a little psychic hygiene around the house.
Magic in 13 steps 🙂
Recently I discovered the art form of mandalas at a one of our bimonthly teaching circle classes on hex symbols and mandalas. I immediately fell in love with creating them.
One of the things we discussed in the class was that they could be used as a spell casting method. As a matter of fact hex signs, which are theoretically mandalas, are said to have a taboo history of being used as such by the Pennsylvania Dutch.
Their ancestors were the originators of this art form. We all know spell casting isn’t done by good Amish folk ,so the Pennsylvania Dutch will vehemently deny their use as such. Seems word of it got out back in 1924 when Wallace Nutting’s book Pennsylvania Beautiful was published and created quite a scandal of it. Here is a link where you can learn more about hex signs:
And a list of traditional correspondences used in creating hex signs- http://www.folkart.com/hex/meaning.htm
The act of creating the fusion of color has been one of the best ways I have found to work to put me into a meditative or trance state. I find creating any form of art or craft to be an ideal way to commune with the divine and connect to spirit. Ideal for spell casting if I do say so! Ann Moura even uses a mandala in Her book Grimoire For The Green Witch for a love spell.
- Paper- pentacle
- Colored Pencils- wands
- Ruler & compass- athames
- Sketch book- BOS
- Pencil sharpener- offering bowl
- Pencil case- chalice
Eraser- smudge stick
- Music -air
- Paper- earth or water
- Eraser- water or fire
- Pencils- earth
Once I have decided on the intent of my mandala spell I start casting it by choosing some appropriate meditation music to listen to while I create. I have several of those nature sound CDs I just love for this. I might choose ocean, stream or rain music to connect with the element of water. A cracking fireplace is my choice for fire of course. Spirit of the forest or gardens sounds is good for earth. Air is best represented by soft flute or wind-chimes. Thunderstorm music I see as a combination of fire and water and rainforest is good for water and earth.
Once I gather all my art supplies all that is left to do is focus my intent and slip away meditative trancelike state and create away. I may choose my colors according to traditional color correspondences or simply go with my intuition. Pretty dang easy!
Links for color correspondences:
http://www.spelwerx.com/color_correspondences.html – a very comprehensive list
http://fullmoon-magick.150m.com/color.html – has them from several sources